Is LOTW Right For You?
- Do you react with tolerance and kindness when offended by others?
- Do you look forward to attending Mass?
- Do you feel a sense of joy or unexplained euphoria one or more times a week?
- Do you pray daily (even for a minute or two)?
- Do you recognize "God-incidences" in your daily life?
(these are like co-incidences - amazing incidents throughout the week that typically defy logical explanation)
- Do you first turn to prayer when you encounter problems in your life?
- Do you feel that Jesus forfeited his life for you (personally)?
- Do you feel that God will always provide for your needs in life?
- Do you give time or money to those in need at least monthly?
- Do you ever tell others about your faith you are in "public"?
If you answered "No" to any of these, then please sign up for the retreat.
October 2018 LOTW Tentative Retreat Schedule
NOTE: This time the retreat will take place at Our Lady of Humility in Beach Park using a combined team from St. Pat's and OLH.
Oct 5th - Fri 6:30 pm-9:00 pm
Oct 6th - Sat 8:15 am - 7:30 pm
Oct 7th - Sun 8:15 am - 7:00 pm
Oct 8th - Mon 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Frequently asked questions:
Light of the World Retreat - FAQ's
Q - Is it required to attend all the days of the retreat?
A - Answer: Since each day of the retreat builds on the experiences of the day before, it is necessary to attend the entire retreat. In some cases, we can work around the need to miss an hour or two, depending on the timing.
Q - I am not a member of St. Patrick's Parish. Can I attend the retreat?
A- Absolutely! At our last retreat in February, we had several non-parishioners.
Q - My faith is important to me but I am concerned that attending a retreat for a whole weekend is just too much. I really don't want to get stuck listening for hours to boring religious stuff. Is Light of the World for me?
A - This retreat is anything but boring. It is filled with insights, refreshing perspectives, excellent humor, really good food (delicious/homemade), touching real life testimonies, lively discussions. It will touch your heart, open your mind and deepen your faith - GUARANTEED!
Q - Is there special preparation necessary for the retreat? Do I need to take notes or bring other study materials?
A - No! you do not need to bring anything. Just come and relax. Attending this retreat is completely carefree.
Q - I have someone at home with special needs. What if I have an urgent need at home during the retreat?
A - While it is important to attend the retreat from start to finish, a member of the retreat team is constantly monitoring a cell number for important messages. All you need to do is give that number to your friends or loved ones and tell them to call if they need you during the retreat. A retreat team member will notify you immediately if there is a message for you. You will also have opportunities during breaks to check your own cell phone for urgent messages if you wish.
Q - I see that the retreat starts on Friday and ends on Monday. I sometimes do not get home from work until dinner time. When does the retreat start on these days and are meals provided?
A - The retreat's Friday and Monday sessions start at 6:30PM. To keep the required time as short as possible, dinner is not served, however delicious wholesome snacks are provided on Friday and Monday evenings.
Q - I am interested in attending, however my wife is Catholic but I am not. Can I attend?
A - Absolutely! While LOTW is a Catholic retreat, non-Catholics are welcome. We do ask that you let us know in advance so we can personalize your experience of Catholic sacraments for anyone who is not Catholic.
What people are saying about LOTW:
About the Retreat
- It is for ANYONE wanting to deepen their faith and grow closer to Jesus Christ.
- The retreat starts Friday evening (after work) and ends on Monday evening (after work) and runs all day Saturday and Sunday. Attendance at all 4 sessions is strongly encouraged.
- You will return home each evening - this is not an overnight retreat.
- The retreat is held "on campus" at St. Pat's.
What To Expect
- Education, enlightenment, reflection, music, prayer, and really good jokes!
- A "classroom style" retreat with 50 fellow parishioners providing time to relax, listen, and learn.
- No special requirements or preparation - you only need to want to a better life through a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Delicious meals are provided with plenty of snacks available between meals.
- Donation: $25.00 to cover cost of all meals. Make check payable to St. Patrick Church (note LOTW in the memo). If you cannot afford the $25 please come anyway - all are welcome!
- Please send checks via one of the following:
- Mail checks to the rectory (15000 Wadsworth Rd., Wadsworth IL 60083) Attn: Bernie Oberdick
- Drop in the rectory mail slot on the way to church.
- Just give to Bernie Oberdick at church.
Light of the World Retreat Registration Form