As a faith community we are the hands and feet of Christ, reaching out as He did.
Our parish, originally known as St. Andrew’s, began in a log church constructed in 1849 in Mill Creek. Fifteen years later a larger frame church was built and the name was changed to St. Patrick’s.
In 1911 land was purchased to build a new church in Wadsworth. Dedicated in August 1912 the Wadsworth church is the church we now know as the old or historic Church.
This church served the area well until the explosion of new housing began in the 1980s and the need for a new space was recognized. After many meetings, architects Belli & Belli were chosen. Jerzy Kenar, a wood sculptor, was picked by the parish Art & Environment Committee to design the interior furnishings and sculptures. The architects, sculptor and committees proceeded with the new designs following guidelines found in Environment & Art in Catholic Worship, Bishops’ Committee on the Liturgy (National Conference of Catholic Bishops, 1978).
On Saturday, May 11, 1991 Fr. Dyer celebrated the first Mass in the New Church for 84 children who received their First Communion. The dedication took place a few months later on September 15, 1991. Father Dyer retired December 31, 1995 and was succeeded by Reverend Patrick Cecil the following March. The final phase of construction, the completion of the school addition with its all-purpose hall, was begun in August 1997 and dedicated on February 15, 1998.
Father Cecil remained our faithful pastor for almost twenty years, until October, 2010, when he was succeeded by the next Pastor, Reverend Fred Pesek. Fr. Pesek served as the shepherd to our St. Pat's flock from October 2010 until his transfer at the end of June, 2016. On July 1, 2016 Reverend James Merold became our Parish Administrator until a new pastor could be named.